This is a wonderful hummus for the whole family with just a hint of garlic. It can be used as part of a meal or a wonderful snack with cut up vegetables, crackers or tortilla chips.
It can also be added to a Tortilla shell with raw or baked veggies as a wonderful sandwich. Have at home or take with your for lunch.
Wonderfully healthy for your children’s lunch box!
How about using it for a wonderful spread for a vegan pizza instead of tomato sauce, cheese or pesto!
It is so versatile and nutritious.
A perfect protein for any meal.
Creamy HummusPrint Recipe
- 2 cups Cooked chickpeas also known as Garbanzo beans. You can soak your own or use tinned
- 3 ½ - 5 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice (adjust to taste)
- 3 tbsp Tahini (some prefer the taste of almond butter)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Small or medium organic clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp Toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup Water
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. You will want to taste the hummus to see if it needs more lemon, Tahini, garlic, or salt. Also, add more water for a thinner consistency and process again. Hummus freezes very well.
When serving in a large bowl you can drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper.