This recipe is one of my families favourite smoothies and full of so much goodness plus it tastes wonderful!!
Smoothies are a wonderful way to include more vegetables into everyone’s diet. Smoothies are also a wonderful way to “hide” vegetables in the diets of those who don’t eat enough vegetables. As long as you add berries then your smoothie will not look green!
You can make a smoothie as plain or as complicated as your like. It is all about time and personal taste.
A “healthy” smoothie is the perfect fruit and vegetable delivery system.
Smoothies pack a huge dose of nutrition in a convenient, easy to prepare, and delicious package. They are also an excellent way to jump-start your day with several servings of fruit and vegetables!
You can easily incorporate 1-2 cups of greens into a smoothie for those who do not eat the recommended 8 – 12 servings of vegetables and fruits daily!
Simply add water or an alternative milk: Feel free to add a scoop of vanilla or chocolate Complete vegan powder to 1 – 2 cups of water or an alternative milk and Voila! you have a delicious smoothie with 14 plants!!! You can’t get any simpler than that!!
Basic smoothie for the whole familyPrint Recipe
- 1 – 2 stalks of organic celery stalk cut into pieces
- 1 cup of organic baby spinach
- ½ - 1 cup berries (organic if possible)
- 1 cup of water or "Silk" almond milk or alternate milk of choice - more if you like
- Ice to thicken
- 1 scoop Juice Plus Complete Protein Powder – plant based
- Ground Flax Seeds - male (1 tbsp.) female (1 – 2 tbsp.)
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
• ½ green apple (organic), 1/2 banana or ½ pear.
• For those wanting to lose weight keep your portions small and do not add fruit if possible – only a bit of frozen berries.
• For those maintaining weight, training or wanting to gain weight feel free to add the banana and/or more fruit!
• Chia seeds, hemp heart, "Genestra" Vitamin D Drops...
Smoothies are a wonderfully healthy breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner. They are also wonderful for pre and post workouts and of course instead of Ensure and Boost!