Being healthy does not mean not having delicious treats.
This Chocolate Chia Pudding if full of plants and fibre and can be eaten as a snack, pre or post workout treat and even as a healthy breakfast if rushed. How crazy and fun is that!
Below are some of the main ingredients I use. Chia Seeds, Chocolate Complete and 2 cups Chocolate Almond Milk but feel free to use any alternative milk you like.
You can top your Chocolate Chia Pudding with Nuts, Seeds, Hemp Hearts, Coconut or any organic berry or fruit you like – organic of course.
What a wonderfully healthy snack to take with you to work or school. Filling, delicious and nutritious.
Fibre is one of the main ingredients that helps you fee full for hours so you can get on with your day full of energy!!
Easy, Delicious, Nutritious Chocolate Chia PuddingPrint Recipe
- 2 cups alternative milk (vanilla almond milk makes it smooth and unsweetened chocolate almond milk makes it a richer chocolaty flavour).
- 3/4 cup organic Chia seeds
- 1 – 2 scoops of a Vegan Smoothie Powder ( I like to use 2 scoops). You can use any vegan smoothie powder but I prefer Juice Plus Complete for so many healthy reasons.
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract.
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg (optional)
- *I love it just like this!
- For those who want more sweetness you can add 1 – 2 tsp raw honey or maple syrup or 1 - 2 dates.
- For a richer chocolate flavour add 1 - 2 tbsp. organic chocolate cocao.
- Some like to add a bit of fresh mint or organic food grade mint oil for a delicious twist on the flavour!
- Have fun with this healthy treat!!
Add alternative milk and chocolate Complete smoothie powder to your blender.
Blend on high for 20 - 30 seconds.
Add the chia seeds and other ingredients and mix for only 5 - 10 seconds. This allows the chia seeds to stay whole.
If you prefer a smoother pudding you can mix in the the chia seeds longer.
Pour into a large bowl or individual bowls
Put in refrigerator and it will thicken within about 30 - 60 minutes.
Keep covered and enjoy as a snack or quick meal or a topping for fruit and veggies alike.
Healthy tastes and feels wonderful!!
Chia seeds are a concentrated food containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium. ... One ounce (about 2 tablespoons) contains 139 calories, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams fat, 12 grams carbohydrates and 11 grams of fiber. Chia seeds are the perfect base for smoothies, desserts, baked goods, energy bars, and more because they have a thickening quality and they absorb flavors from foods and spices added in recipes. I choose Juice Plus Complete Shake Powder because it contains 13 grams of protein, 8 grams of fibre, low glycemic, made with natural sweeteners, gluten free, GMO free, no cholesterol, no artificial flavouring, no colouring, no preservatives, no wheat, dairy or eggs (100% Vegan), no added caffeine or herbs and it tastes delicious!!!